- ACT Storytellers
- We are an incorporated non-profit group. We encourage and promote storytelling as an integral part of community life. To achieve this we: meet regularly, encourage people to tell and develop their skill as storytellers, provide storytelling sessions in the community. ACT Storytellers Guild Inc. Current Executive: President: Roslyn Hull: email@example.com Vice President: Mollie Bialkowski: MollieBee@westnet.com.au Secretary: Cherie Burns: firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer: Catherine Panich: email@example.com
Saturday, 30 July 2016
Puppets and the Storyteller with Patsy Allan
An interactive workshop for early childhood educators, librarians and parents and anyone who would like to use puppets to engage their listeners in stories, rhymes and songs. Patsy uses puppets to enhance the story or song not to perform puppet shows.
Participants of this workshop can expect to:
- Be introduced to the possibilities of puppets as a tool to enrich and enliven a story performance
- Observe puppet/teller interaction in the performance of the story
- Develop a puppet’s personality and voice that conveys what the teller wants the audience to know about the puppet
- Practice basic hand movements to give lifelike movement to the puppet
- Discuss what stories might have puppet possibilities
- Become aware of online and print resources available on the topic of storytelling with puppets.
- Become aware of difference between ‘Puppetelling' and putting on a puppet show, especially when advertising a story session
- Be given the opportunity to practice with puppets and take away at least one story or song to use in the following week.
COST: $20.00 (members of ACT Storytellers Guild) $30.00 (non-members)
RSVP as soon as possible to hold your space in this workshop! Places will go quickly!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WHEN Saturday, October 8, 2016 from 1.00 PM to 4:00 PM
WHERE 3 Keene Place, Page 2614 (02 62541687)
Saturday, 21 May 2016
Sunday, 13 March 2016
Canberra & Region Heritage Festival April 2016
Storyteller Cherie Burns will perform as part of the Tell Your Story event at The Woolshed, Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary on Saturday 9 April, from 10am – 12:00pm
Become a part of your local history and share your stories about the beautiful Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary. Join a professional storyteller and an oral historian for a great morning of storytelling and sausage sizzling in unbeatable surrounds. Inspirational fun for kids and adults alike.
Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary is a unique project designed to rehabilitate an important section of endangered Box-Gum Grassy Woodland, of which there is less than 1% remaining in Australia. The project has reintroduced several birds and animals into the woodland including Bettongs and Brown Tree Creepers.
The Conservation Council is recording stories about the history of Mulligans Flat and we would love to hear about your current and past experiences in the woodland and living next to nature. Bring the family and watch their faces light up as they lose themselves in the mesmerizing storytelling and delicious sausages.
Saturday, 5 March 2016
Thursday, 9 July 2015
mailto:email@example.com). Ros will be the featured performer at their monthly open mic event at Beyond Q Bookstore in Curtin Shops. Come one, come all this Friday night (10 July) the enjoy and evening of live performances on the theme 'Fables and Folklore'.