Puppets and the Storyteller with Patsy Allan
An interactive workshop for early childhood educators, librarians and parents and anyone who would like to use puppets to engage their listeners in stories, rhymes and songs. Patsy uses puppets to enhance the story or song not to perform puppet shows.
Participants of this workshop can expect to:
- Be introduced to the possibilities of puppets as a tool to enrich and enliven a story performance
- Observe puppet/teller interaction in the performance of the story
- Develop a puppet’s personality and voice that conveys what the teller wants the audience to know about the puppet
- Practice basic hand movements to give lifelike movement to the puppet
- Discuss what stories might have puppet possibilities
- Become aware of online and print resources available on the topic of storytelling with puppets.
- Become aware of difference between ‘Puppetelling' and putting on a puppet show, especially when advertising a story session
- Be given the opportunity to practice with puppets and take away at least one story or song to use in the following week.
COST: $20.00 (members of ACT Storytellers Guild) $30.00 (non-members)